Products: Small Hydrogen Generating Module
Small Hydrogen Generating Module
(Small PEM Hydrogen Generating Module)
Small module type that can be easily built in where a small amount of hydrogen is needed.
Clean and convenient device, supplying only pure water and does not require any special management, and generating high purity hydrogen.
Mounting one of two kinds of MEA (9 cm2 and 4 cm2), expanding the customer's choice between price and hydrogen generating rate.
How to use
- supplying water
Example 1 - Manual water supply
- Connect the water inlet and the valve to the tube below the water tank at the top of the hydrogen generation module.
- Connect the water tank top tube to the place where you want to supply hydrogen.
- Open the valve and feed water. (The water level should be below the upper tube.)
Close the valve and apply power to generate hydrogen.
* The outer diameter of the water tank tube is ¼ inch.
Example 2 - Automatic water supply
- Create a separate water tank with two connectors (Bulkhead) and a water level float valve (ball tow) to connect the tubes of the hydrogen generation module.
- The height of the float valve is designed considering the water tank dimension so that the water level of the hydrogen generation module can be located midway between the two tubes.
- Separate water tank should be sealed with O-ring, etc., and connect hydrogen to the place where hydrogen should be supplied by making hydrogen discharge connector in proper position of cap.
- Connect the water supply line and apply power to generate hydrogen.
The water supplied to the hydrogen generating module should be clean water from which ions have been removed.
- Suitable supply: distilled water, DI water, RO water, etc.
- Inadequate supply: tap water, mineral water, hollow fiber membrane (MF / UF) Water, etc.
- Inadequate supply can be used after passing De-Ionization Filter (DI Filter).
- supplying electricity
Example 1 - Using an adapter
- Prepare an adapter (output DC 2.1V / current capacity: 4A or more when using 9cm2 MEA, 2A or more when using 4cm2 MEA) and connect the positive and negative electrodes separately to the water filled hydrogen generating module.
- Apply power to the adapter to generate hydrogen.
Example 2 - Using power control PCB and an adapter
- Prepare power control PCB (set the upper limit of the output voltage to 3.0 V DC / the output current limit 3 A when using 9cm2 MEA, 1.5 A when using 4cm2 MEA) and a market selling adapter (output power more than 12W).
- Connect the positive and negative electrodes separately to the water filled hydrogen generating module.
Example 3 - Using power control PCB and SMPS
- Prepare the same PCB as Example 2 and a market selling SMPS with output of 12W or more, and connect the positive and negative electrodes separately to the water filled hydrogen generating module.
- Apply power to SMPS to generate hydrogen.
Example 4 - Using a DC power supply
- Prepare a small DC power supply and connect the anode and the cathode to the water filled hydrogen generating module.
- Before turning on the power supply, lower the power supply voltage to zero, turn on the switch, and gradually increase the voltage to obtain the desired current value (amount of hydrogen generated).
- It is recommended to set the upper limit of power supply output voltage at 3.0V DC / output current upper limit of 3A for 9cm2 MEA and 1.5A for 4cm2 MEA. In this case, it is not necessary to lower the voltage to 0 before switching on the power supply.
The water supply and the power supply must be manufactured and installed in accordance with your equipment to incorporate the hydrogen generation module, and it is not included in this hydrogen generation module product.
However, if you have difficulties in developing water supply and power supply, you can apply for a consultation and we can propose a suitable solution for you.
Hydrogen Generating Performance
Read the current value corresponding to the voltage applied from the voltage-current curve (V-I Curve) on the right side and multiply by 8, which becomes the volume (cm3) of hydrogen generated per minute. For example, when 2.1V is applied to a module with 9cm2 MEA, the current is about 3.0A, so hydrogen of about 24cc/min is generated.
The performance curve changes as the usage conditions change. For example, when the temperature rises, the current increases at the same voltage, and the amount of hydrogen generated increases.
Performance curves (V-I) of small module
Cathode feeding method is used to generate hydrogen, which is simple in structure and easy to use.
It is a sturdy structure that can use hydrogen pressure up to 3 bar(g).
You can select the relative position of the fluid inlet/outlet tubes and the power supply terminals of the module.
The consumption of water is proportional to the amount of hydrogen produced, which is all proportional to the current(A).
When operating at a current of 3.0A, the amount of water consumed is about 1cc per hour.
If you manually fill the water tank of the module, fill it up to about 40 cc by filling the water to the middle of the two tubes, and about 50 cc if it fills up to the top of the tube. Therefore, if you charge more than 40cc and operate the hydrogen generator module at 3A, you can operate continuously for about 40 hours. If you run it at 1.5A, you can operate it for about 80 hours continuously.
Dimensions (Unit: mm)
The height from the bottom depends on the length of the fastening bolt. We use a bolt that protrudes 5mm from the bottom as a standard type.
Weight: 87g (when there is no water)
|4cm2 MEA Mounting Module
|9cm2 MEA Mounting Module